Custom fields needed and new functionality suggestion.

Started by LARdT, 19 September 2013, 20:57:56

Previous topic - Next topic
A financial contribution is greatly appreciated as a support, to help us to keep live the project.
If you like this project you can donate some piece of BitCoin to this address: bc1qy5tgq6tvrckac2a57unxvqcnxamrvhduve9sj9

LARdT

We are using the metadata fields in the ePUB file spec in order to catalogue the book library.
I attach a real book file as example. So I need to add several custom fields to include that information:

<title>A propósito de Abbott</title>
   <author>Chris BACHELDER</author>
   <authorSort>BACHELDER Chris</authorSort> : The idea is to present books and authors sorted by this field which gives the proper alphabetic order instead of normal author field. As a workaround I am using Author field to keep authorsort. It works for sorting but is a little weird to say that "BACHELDER Chris" wrote the book, instead of "Chris BACHELDER".
   <isbn>9788415625063</isbn>
   <dload>URL for dload</dload>: Actually using "external URL field" for this. The idea is to be able to choose wheter the field is visible or not depending in which groups the visitor belongs to.
   <subtitle>    </subtitle>
   <originalTitle>Abbott Awaits</originalTitle>
   <translator>Ismael Attrache</translator>   Actually using the "Note desc" field like in <b>Abbott Awaits>/b> traslated by <i>Ismael Attrache</i>
   <publisher>Libros del Asteroide</publisher>
   <date>2010</date>
   <review>Abbott es un profesor universitario de vacaciones, padre exhausto de una niña de dos años, marido de una embarazada insomne y amo de un perro miedoso. Abbott se afana en las tareas domésticas y en el cuidado de su hija, aunque las cosas no siempre salen como él quisiera: un día se olvida de ponerle crema solar a la niña o la viste de invierno en pleno verano; otro se le estropea la nevera o se encuentra una serpiente en medio de su jardín. Abbott parece haber sido abducido por la paternidad, aunque no puede dejar de ponerse en entredicho ni de percibir las implacables paradojas de su vida. Y así, mientras limpia el vómito de la sillita de su hija se dice: «Las dos proposiciones siguientes son ciertas: (a) Si tuviera la ocasión, Abbott no cambiaría ni uno de los elementos fundamentales de su vida, pero (b) Abbott no soporta su vida». Compuesta por pequeñas escenas cotidianas, terroríficas unas, maravillosas otras, A propósito de Abbott es una desternillante historia sobre las pequeñas desventuras, agobios y alegrías de los que está hecha la paternidad.</review>
   <cover>cover.jpg</cover>
   <serie>Abbott stories</serie> <serieNumber>2</serieNumber> A pair of related fields that include the name of the collection the book belongs to and its order number inside the series/collection. I haven't found a suitable pair of fields in actual data model to include this info.

<correctedBy>BBPPLARdTv2_05KOM</correctedBy>               
   <creationDate>2012-12-01</creationDate>
   <modificationDate>2012-12-15</modificationDate>         This 3 fields include the name/version of the style CSS template used for the ePUB edition (we upgrade the CSS styles so we need a sort of version control for it. Creation date is used as the name of the first released version, and modificationDate is the date of the last/current version. This means that the first releaed version was 20121201 and it has been enhanced to 20121215 version (released 15 days after) that includes the v2.05 version of the BBPPLARdT stylesheet with the variant KOM (based in KOMICA font). The version name "BBPPLARdTv_05KOM" coincides with the name of the CSS stylesheet. So we give the most information in the most compact way possible.
          I am including the stylesheet-version name as a label.

Also this 3 fields should follow the visibilty criteria for dload URL field. If URL is not visible, those should not be visible either.
          Do ypu think you could add this custom fields? Please tell me the amount for a fair donation to compensate.

Related to this, I think I have a good idea for a premium module. WHen you select the ePUB file or the URL link, you unzip the file in temp, and read metadata.opf file (which is an XML with a fized structure) so you could populate automatically the most important fields for the book.
         I am new to JOOMLA but have a lot of experience dealing with ePUBS so I will be happy to help. In the same way the cover could be grab automatically.

Now I am going to import more than 1500 book titles so perhaps I find some other suggestion.

Thanks for your good work. The component is the best I've found by far. I really need adding the 3 version control related fields and hiding/unhiding them with the URL dload field, depending on the user. The rest of fields I could pass without them.

A financial contribution is greatly appreciated as a support, to help us to keep live the project.
If you like this project you can donate some piece of BitCoin to this address: bc1qy5tgq6tvrckac2a57unxvqcnxamrvhduve9sj9