Suggestions for Making a Good App Better

Started by A. Wayne Webb, 03 January 2013, 05:31:33

Previous topic - Next topic
A financial contribution is greatly appreciated as a support, to help us to keep live the project.
If you like this project you can donate some piece of BitCoin to this address: bc1qy5tgq6tvrckac2a57unxvqcnxamrvhduve9sj9

A. Wayne Webb

Here is my wish list.

• Have the Catalog# optionally increment by one number.  I use a five digit numbering system (00001, 00002, etc.) and it would be nice to have this automatically increment by one digit each time I create a new book.
  • Give us a set of user defined fields.  Such as Publisher, Cover Art Designer, Binding, etc.  The setup for this could be in the Options of the app. I would suggest ten user defined fields.  Tags just do not get it.
  • Permit in the Options whereby we can set the size of the cover thumbnail image and the larger image.
  • Give two fields for the ISBN, the 10-digit and 13-digit variants.  A lot of older books used the 10-digit styling.
  • Make the front end so that the book data can be in either one, two or three column display.  Additionally, have the first horizontal line full width and the additional lines narrower and of a different color.  Except for the last line.
  • Give us the option for displaying empty fields. For example, even if I did not enter the publisher, show the empty field.
  • Give us the ability to download the book information from more traditional book cataloging sites.  Such as WorldCat.Org.
  • Swap the positioning in the Metadata Options section of Meta keys and Meta description to be more in line with Joomla's articles.
  • Add a copy book button.

In closing, I like this far better than Orda's app.  I detest in Orda's offering that the price relies too heavily on Amazon.Com. All this being said, if I can get some of the suggestions I made, I will gladly send along a donation.  A thought would be to make these suggested additions part of an Alexandria Book Library Pro version.

Cordially
Well done!!!

A financial contribution is greatly appreciated as a support, to help us to keep live the project.
If you like this project you can donate some piece of BitCoin to this address: bc1qy5tgq6tvrckac2a57unxvqcnxamrvhduve9sj9