How to set default location of image files (cover image)

Started by mrizwan, 22 March 2013, 06:49:29

Previous topic - Next topic
A financial contribution is greatly appreciated as a support, to help us to keep live the project.
If you like this project you can donate some piece of BitCoin to this address: bc1qy5tgq6tvrckac2a57unxvqcnxamrvhduve9sj9

mrizwan

Thanks for the wondeful software.  i have successfully transferred my data from joomla 1.5 to joomla 2.5

I wanted to know that

how Can i set the default location of image folder (cover image) in abook 2.04.

Thanks

A financial contribution is greatly appreciated as a support, to help us to keep live the project.
If you like this project you can donate some piece of BitCoin to this address: bc1qy5tgq6tvrckac2a57unxvqcnxamrvhduve9sj9

A. Wayne Webb

Quote from: mrizwan on 22 March 2013, 06:49:29
Thanks for the wondeful software.  i have successfully transferred my data from joomla 1.5 to joomla 2.5

I wanted to know that

how Can i set the default location of image folder (cover image) in abook 2.04.

Thanks
It is my understanding, in other words I may be wrong, that when you create a book you therein declare where the image is.  In the Book Manager: Add New Book screen click on the "Book Information" tab to the right.  A Joomla Media Manager window will open allowing you to select the file.  The default directory <mysite>/images is set by Joomla.  Myself I placed my book covers in <mysite>/images/abook/covers.  I placed images of the authors in <mysite>/images/abook/authors.

Going a bit further I setup up my site so that ABook uses a thumbnail file for its needs and a larger image I use within the book article itself.  In other words, take a look at this page.  The thumbnail image to the upper right is "00021_a.png".  The larger image down and to the right is a much larger version, "00021.png".

Adding to this thought you could also set your book to pull its required images from the Internet.  But, be aware that an image you are pulling from the Internet via a "href" statement in your book may not be there tomorrow.  It is safer to have the images on your own server.  One other thought.  Since I scan many of my book covers, I store the original TIF images online for any possible future needs, i.e. "<mysite>/images/abook/covers/originals/00021.tif".

I know this does not exactly answer your question.  You seem to want to know how to have Abook default to <mysite>/images/abook when you click into the Book Information > Cover Image link.  That would take one of the developers declaring which file contains that information and permitting us to selectively change the opened online directory.  In other words, there is no way to do it yourself that I know.

Cordially,
A. Wayne Webb