translation of dropdown-list in books

Started by dibu, 25 November 2020, 11:25:35

Previous topic - Next topic
A financial contribution is greatly appreciated as a support, to help us to keep live the project.
If you like this project you can donate some piece of BitCoin to this address: bc1qy5tgq6tvrckac2a57unxvqcnxamrvhduve9sj9

dibu

Hi Alexandra (or others),
I tried to translate the header "Editor wählen" of one of the dropdown-lists in "books" in correct German: "Verlag wählen" (see: screen_books.png). But I didn't find the variable for it. Could you tell me the secret?

And I have two questions too:
-> what ist "index of sitenumber" good for? (In new book; see: screen_new-book.png)
-> I'm missing the menu item "editors" (german: Verlage) in the administration menu at the left (see: screen_menu.png). Is it a bug or never foreseen?

kind regards
Dieter

A financial contribution is greatly appreciated as a support, to help us to keep live the project.
If you like this project you can donate some piece of BitCoin to this address: bc1qy5tgq6tvrckac2a57unxvqcnxamrvhduve9sj9

npeagr

Go to English language and take the new or different from there, you need find: 1st is the tag, , , second is Num. of page index (book have 100 pages .. etc) and the last image is to create new library or send gift  (your image is not clear)

npeagr

1st  COM_ABOOK_SELECT_A_TAG=
2st COM_ABOOK_PAGES=
3st COM_ABOOK_SELECT_A_LIBRARY=

i hope is right

dibu

Hi "npeagr",

thank you for your reply! I have to describe my (mini-) problem more concret:
1) In german "editor" means "Verlag". If I open alexandria-abook-component in joomla and choose "books" (at the left site) and then search-tools (at the right site of search-field), it opens 8 drop-down-list-boxes. One of them is "choose editor" -> in german: "Editor wählen". But "Editor" is not the right term as I mentioned before. I think it's not referring the variable "COM_ABOOK_SELECT_A_TAG", because the term "wählen" is german and I didn't find it in any xxx_abook.ini.
2) "COM_ABOOK_PAGES=" is the variable to "sites" of a book, I think. But the field "Page index" with the label (and variable) COM_ABOOK_FIELD_PAG_INDEX_LABEL="Num. page index" is not clear for me. What's the meaning for it?
3) If I open the administration-site from alexandria_abook_component in joomla, there is listed: "new book", "books", "new category", "categories", "new author", "authors", "new editor" but NO "editors"! That is missing. Perhaps it was never intented to be listet (unfortunately)?

npeagr

ok connect with FTP and go to httpdocs/administrator/components/abook/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_abook.ini

and there you found all new class missing from german language

some times you need to search more one time for the same class

the other way is to go on language overwrites and search  there, remember to chooce administrator not site

dibu

after trying this and that I found out that the Variable I searched for - question (1) - is located in: html/joomla/administrator/language/xx-XX/xx-XX.ini at row 927 -> JOPTION_SELECT_EDITOR
Thanks very much for your efforts!
Questions (2) and (3) - both - have nothing to do with variables. I just didn't realize the meaning by (2) and missed a link by (3). Okay - forget it. It's not very important.

habe a nice day!
Dieter

npeagr

if you want any other help ask me, I have spent many hours in this application and I have solved many problems and show the books in custom template

my site with library  https://www.stekip.gr/stekip/library.html

sorry is greek