Problem with aliases in Joomla 2.5 for greek language

Started by dski, 19 November 2013, 09:19:04

Previous topic - Next topic
A financial contribution is greatly appreciated as a support, to help us to keep live the project.
If you like this project you can donate some piece of BitCoin to this address: bc1qy5tgq6tvrckac2a57unxvqcnxamrvhduve9sj9

dski

Hello Federica,

I tried to insert the .csv file and got the following error message:

===================================================

JDatabase::query: SQL Error DB function failed with error number 1064
        You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '"Η Φόνισσα","Η Φόνισσα","2014-08-25-08-02-25","0","","0","197","' at line 1 SQL=INSERT INTO e1wnr_abbook (title, subtitle, alias, ideditor, price, pag, user_id, created_by_alias, description, image, file, year, idlocation, idlibrary, vote, numvote, hits, published, qty, isbn, approved, userid, url, url_label, dateinsert, catalogo, checked_out, checked_out_time, access, metakey, metadesc, note, language, editedby, catid) VALUES ("Η Φόνισσα","Η Φόνισσα","2014-08-25-08-02-25","0","","0","197","","

Η Φόνισσα
        Ιστορία του Ευρωπαϊκού Πνεύματος
        Ματιές στην Κοινωνία
        Λωξάντρ
        ","","","0","0","0","0","0","0","1","1","","0","","","","2014-08-23 15:26:09","","0","0000-00-00 00:00:00","1","","","","*","0",4)
        SQL =

INSERT INTO #__abbook  (title, subtitle, alias, ideditor, price, pag, user_id, created_by_alias, description, image,  file, year, idlocation, idlibrary, vote, numvote, hits, published, qty, isbn, approved, userid, url, url_label, dateinsert, catalogo, checked_out, checked_out_time, access, metakey, metadesc, note, language, editedby, catid) VALUES ("Η Φόνισσα","Η Φόνισσα","2014-08-25-08-02-25","0","","0","197","","

Η Φόνισσα
        Ιστορία του Ευρωπαϊκού Πνεύματος
        Ματιές στην Κοινωνία
        Λωξάντρ
        ","","","0","0","0","0","0","0","1","1","","0","","","","2014-08-23 15:26:09","","0","0000-00-00 00:00:00","1","","","","*","0",4)

An error has occurred

===================================================

I do not know what causes the syntax error.  Moreover I do not see the authoid field that is supposed to be the last one.

Thank you in advance for your help.

A financial contribution is greatly appreciated as a support, to help us to keep live the project.
If you like this project you can donate some piece of BitCoin to this address: bc1qy5tgq6tvrckac2a57unxvqcnxamrvhduve9sj9

dski

Hello again!

It seems that I have overcame some of the problems with the .csv file and I managed to insert some books using greek characters. What I did was to save the .csv file with UTF-8 encoding and then try to insert it. For some reason ANSI but also Unicode keep popping up syntax errors...

However there are some problems that remain:

1. For some reason the first book in the .csv file is not inserted (?!) and I get a syntax error. However the rest of the books seem to be inserted.

2. There are still problems with aliases not only in greek language. When I leave the alias field empty (in the .csv file) I get an error that another book has the same alias. When I use similar aliases (in greek or latin e.g. for 3 different books: Πληροφορική1 Πληροφορική2 Πληροφορική3 or odigies1 odigies2 odigies3) I get the same error. However when I use random aliases the books are inserted.

3. I still cannot insert the authors using the .csv file. Following your advice I use the author ID of each author (they are already inserted in the library) however the authors do not appear when the books are inserted.

4.  A general problem is that when we click in a book in the library there seems to be some problem with the image of the book and the error message we get is shown in the attached file.  In fact we do not really want any image to appear but something goes wrong...

Thanks in advance for your time!

federica

Hi dski,

Quote from: dski on 05 September 2014, 09:14:121. For some reason the first book in the .csv file is not inserted
2. There are still problems with aliases not only in greek language.
thank you for the notice, I will fix the problem as soon as possible
Quote from: dski on 05 September 2014, 09:14:12
3. I still cannot insert the authors using the .csv file.
is not possible to insert the authors by csv file. The csv import is only a mode to add books to the library

Quote from: dski on 05 September 2014, 09:14:12
4.  A general problem is that when we click in a book in the library there seems to be some problem with the image...
there is php code problem, have you modify the code? Try to reinstall Abook
Al mondo ci sono 10 tipi di persone, quelli che hanno capito il codice binario e quelli che non l'hanno capito.
Informatizzati [url="https://informatizzati.org"]https://informatizzati.org[/url]
Stacca la spina [url="https://disconnessi.org"]https://disconnessi.org[/url]