Modification of Lending Request Form

Started by adaniel, 15 May 2018, 20:51:55

Previous topic - Next topic
A financial contribution is greatly appreciated as a support, to help us to keep live the project.
If you like this project you can donate some piece of BitCoin to this address: bc1qy5tgq6tvrckac2a57unxvqcnxamrvhduve9sj9

adaniel

How can I modify the Lending Request Form ?  I need to add some additional fields to collect information that will be submitted to our library in the lending request email.

I found a topic addressing this here:

https://forum.voxpopulix.org/index.php?topic=711.msg3022#msg3022
"Currently abook doesn't provides the possibility to manage the forms by backend area. You must modify the form by php code.
You can find the request form in this file components/com_abook/views/book/tmpl/default.php"

However, the location for the link given in the above does not contain a file named default.php. 

Thanks -

Annette

A financial contribution is greatly appreciated as a support, to help us to keep live the project.
If you like this project you can donate some piece of BitCoin to this address: bc1qy5tgq6tvrckac2a57unxvqcnxamrvhduve9sj9

adaniel

After refreshing my files list, I did find the default.php file, mentioned at the link above.  That was a problem on my end with the file not displaying.

I am now wondering

1) What would it take to add a feature so that when a lending request is submitted, an email is sent to a designated recipient?  In our case this would be our librarian.

2) we need to collect more fields of data for those making a lending request.  This would include the company name and mailing address for us to ship the requested item to the user.

Would you have time to do the above work, for a fee ?  If so, how would we arrange that ?

Thank you -

Annette